Such a category of work tools as task managers has dived into the life of specialists of various areas. They are used by project managers, IT specialists, work group managers, etc. What is a task manager and why is it good? First of all, this is a handy way of accumulating in one place the information about all current tasks, of assigning people in charge of and for controlling their completion. Intasker service is an example of a handy and practical task manager. Here, for managing tasks and workflow one gets to use a wide array of tools that includes everything what a project manager may need.
The service is useful for regular users - it will allow not to miss any task, to easily report about progress and results, as well as to specify the necessary points about workflow. Working online gives access to all tools from any location and allows to timely respond to new circumstances and changes in tasks. Hence, task managers are multifunctional services that help optimize working at tasks and projects of any nature and size. However, practical benefits of such applications may turn out to be much higher, if one knows all their options.
What tasks solves a task manager?
In order to see the benefits that the integration of such a service into your activity may bring, one needs to understand, what they can do with its help:
- Task management. This is the main feature of all task managers. You can save here all tasks that need to be completed, and assign them to the performers. Normally this happens during regular meetings, when it’s important not to forget to assign new tasks and to keep in mind the tasks that are being completed. In a task manager it can be done automatically without spending time for meetings and leaving a workplace.
- Setting timelines for tasks, tracking work time of employees. This helps avoid delays in task completion, control remaining deadlines, deal some soft employees. This function is especially handy when working remotely with performers. Thanks to this function even a very simple task manager may improve efficiency of management and work of the entire team.
- Open control over fulfillment of tasks. By using a task manager you can monitor the work in progress, see intermediate results, estimate that deadlines are met. If need be, you can change or add performers, ask the person in charge about reasons for delay or other comments about workaround. And again, you won’t need to leave your workplace.
- Arranging internal communication inside a team. In order to ask a performer a question you won’t need to go to them personally - all necessary things can be asked right in a task manager. Performers can turn to a project manager with a question. Some services, in particular project management software Intasker, allow to invite to teamwork the client of the project which essentially decreases time for coordination of terms of work, as well as for presentation of intermediate results.
- Visualization of organization structure. In a task manager you can see information about all members of a work team, their team leaders, etc. When there arise questions, this helps not waste time for looking for people in charge.
As we can see, using online task managers essentially simplifies not only task management, but also control over completion of tasks, administrative duties, cooperation between performers, etc. This is a right hand for a project manager that automates task completion, improves productivity and also saves company resources.
Online task manager Intasker
Intasker system is an example of an effective, easy-to-use and productive task manager. Its main advantages are a wide array of functionalities, simplicity of integration and use, usability in work teams of any size, as well as a reasonable cost.
Below are the main advantages that a CEO can get when working with the Intasker system:
- a possibility to see all tasks in one place, to timely edit them, change users in charge;
- a convenient mechanism for visualizing scope of work - current tasks may be displayed in Gantt chart, which allows to see the priority and volume of the performer’s upcoming tasks, work in progress, total and remaining time of their completion;
- flexible system of notification settings - the system can automatically send messages about particular events to email, user’s profile or Telegram;
- a possibility to invite an unlimited number of performers - unlike in many other task managers, in Intasker one may arrange teamwork with any number of users from any part of the world;
- handy settings for language and timezone - each user can individually configure regional settings regardless their location;
- full-featured promo-access to all functionalities of the service for 1 month - in order to evaluate all options of Intasker, each new user gets the whole month of free access to the functions offered by the service. This means you may check them all on real tasks. Besides, you may create as many tasks as possible, and invite to work an unlimited number of users;
- a possibility to work online from any device - Intasker differs thanks to a well developed synchronization between mobile and desktop versions, and this allows to timely respond to all changes in real-time mode.
In reality there are much more advantages of using this system - each project manager will find here individual solutions which could be useful for particular tasks. Herewith, the cost of access makes only EUR 15 per month and doesn’t change regardless the number of created tasks or invited users.
Productivity improvement with the help of a task manager
If using the functionalities of a task manager in a right way, you can essentially improve productivity of the entire team:
- Reduce time expenditure for meetings - you can assign tasks now without leaving your office.
- Don’t miss any task - adding new work stages to a task manager does not erase the previous ones, moreover you won’t need to keep all the scope of tasks in your mind.
- Properly distribute work between the performers - you can see how busy each user is and efficiently distribute tasks between them.
- Monitor deadlines - in task manager windows you’ll get information about time, that is left for completing all current tasks, and if need be you’ll add extra performers to the delayed tasks.
- Set tasks for yourself - when creating tasks for employees, one may forget about their own duties. In a task manager you can record all scope of your work, set timelines and other individual criteria.
- Spend less time for checking performance - the users themselves will record when their work is done, the time spent for particular pieces of work, and leave comments if need be.
As the result this will help essentially improve productivity of a project team at minimum cost. Because the cost of using a task manager will be much lower, than a minimal rate of an extra employee. Besides, human factor does not influence work of such services - a task manager won’t forget any task, will timely notify you about any changes and in general will help you spend less time and effort for monitoring the work efficiency.
The project activity involves the use of specialized tools for control and management - normally these are field-oriented programs where all the necessary...
Procrastination is one of the main enemies of productivity, this is a habit of postponing work for later, and as the result the deadlines are...
The key condition of achieving the required result regardless the activity is the right way of goal setting. The accuracy of planning, the efficiency of resources distribution and almost all other tasks depend upon how precisely...
The main resource for each work type, especially for project management, is time. Its important feature is non-regenerability: you can get additional...
Gantt chart is an easy-to-use and visual tool of representing current tasks in real-time mode. Such a chart allows to see not only the number of...